We take this opportunity to invite applications for the role of CAT A Engineer in Belfast City Airport.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all specified scheduled line maintenance as instructed by supervisors or the LMC work scope is completed.
- Meet as requested the Operators flights and ensure work orders are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Only certify work, or exercise special authorisation privileges, for which they hold a current PAC authorisation.
- Ensure that all spares received to install on an aircraft are eligible to be fitted to the aircraft, compliant with and match the attached paperwork regarding Part Number, Serial Number, Service Life Limitations, Airworthiness Directives, storage life limitations and any other Form 1 stated requirements.
- Ensure spares are ordered for all open HILS using AMOS.
- Continuous liaison with Line Maintenance Controller (LMC), or Shift Supervisor as applicable, throughout the shift to minimize delays to operating schedule.
- Complete in full all engineering documents and labels and inform LMC of all arising defects especially any that reoccur.
- Review all relevant Engineering Notices / Memos and Quality Notices and ensure that any read and sign sheets, or electronic acknowledgement records, are completed.
- Complete as necessary additional line worksheets for requirements resulting from normal additional line work.
- Completion of all maintenance in accordance with the approved maintenance material i.e. AMM/IPC/TSM/SRM/SB/SIL, etc.
- Ensure they are familiar with the relevant manufacturer data.
- Sign into the shift diary at commencement of shift.
- Wear the required personal protective equipment for the task at hand. Notify supervisor if the required safety equipment is unavailable or requires replacement.
- Comply with all warnings specified in maintenance manuals especially with regard to health and safety matters.
- Ensure that any tooling required to complete a task is the correct PN and if required, calibration is in date. Inform supervisor of any tool you find out of calibration.
- Consult the defects database on the occurrence of any defect for research purposes to avoid needless component replacements and improve quality of troubleshooting.
- Ensure working areas, break area and maintenance vehicles are kept in a clean and tidy condition.
- Ensure all tooling is returned to tool stores at the end of shift and that the tooling sign-out sheets are being adhered to.
- Ensure the tooling area is kept in a clean condition and any breakages are repaired or reordered as necessary
- Ensure all ground equipment is secure and refuelled prior to end of shift.
- Be aware of the cold weather procedure and ensure that it is implemented when required. All aircraft departing during icing conditions are to be inspected 1 hour prior to departure and de-icing ordered if required.
- Be aware of the local high winds procedure and ensure it is put in place when required.
- Inform the LMM if any engineer is not carrying out his duties as requested by the Shift Supervisor or LMC.
- Ensure station delay reports are completed when required and passed to LMC at the end of each day.
- Adhere to all specified AMOS procedures, approved engineering notices, forms and OEM data.
Minimum Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience certifying in a line maintenance environment as a CAT A engineer.
- Category A, or B1/B2 Licenced Engineer.
- Current on the ATR 42/72 is a distinct advantage.
- Must have good IT skills especially with regard to the office programmes Word and Excel.
- A full understanding of AMOS and its procedures is a distinct advantage.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Have the ability to work under pressure.
- Be proactive in solving operation issues that may arise.
Stobart Air is an equal opportunities employer.